Software Engineer, Integrated Test Lab
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
This engineer will play a key role in a small, fast-moving team and participate in design and implementation for our electric-powered, fly-by-wire aircraft. This engineer will work closely with the hardware, mechanical, integration, and flight testing teams to design, develop, test and improve system-level behaviors.
Collaborate across widely varied engineering and programming teams throughout the company to integrate various hardware and software products for the Integrated Test Lab. This position demands the ability to multi-task, prioritize tasking based on requirements and track/manage many different (yet similar) integration efforts at once.
- University degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, mechatronics, or similar field
- Expert knowledge in C++ and object-oriented programming methodologies and multi-layered system architectures
- Knowledge of and experience with real-time operating systems
- Knowledge of and experience with communication protocols for embedded systems such as I2C, CAN, SPI, UART, etc.
- Hands-on experience with test and measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, voltmeters, etc.
- Experience with modern integrated development environments and debuggers
- Basic understanding of version control technologies
- Exposure to other languages such as python or C
- Experience with cross team collaboration and large-scale projects
- Effective verbal communication and written documentation skills
- Portfolio of embedded software/hardware projects
- Past experience with dynamometers and familiarity with EtherCAT
- Prior avionics software/hardware integration experience, knowledge of D0-178C and/or integration lab experience are a plus.
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing