Embedded Software Engineer, Manufacturing and Test Special Projects
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
This engineer will be involved in the architecture and implementation of the embedded software at the heart of Joby Aviation aircraft. They will play a key role in a small, fast-moving team and have input to conceptual system design and implementation of embedded software for a wide range of embedded systems.
Their role will be to design and implement versions of all our existing embedded systems currently on the Joby aircraft to be specific for a range of manufacturing and test applications. This will require a deep understanding of the various embedded systems on the aircraft and how to creatively reconfigure them for new applications and usages.
- BSEE, computer science, computer engineering, mechatronics, physics, mathematics, or similar field and 5 years’ experience or a MSEE and 3 years’ experience or Ph.D. Advance degrees are preferred but a very strong portfolio of designed and implemented embedded software will also be considered.
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming methodology and multi-layered system architectures.
- Expert knowledge of C++.
- Experience with Python and LabView preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with real-time operating systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with communication protocols including I2C, CAN, SPI, UART, etc.
- Strong understanding of modern micro-controller and microprocessor architectures such as ARM Cortex-M0/M3/M4/A8/A9.
- Understanding of hardware from an embedded software engineer's perspective.
- Experience with modern integrated development environments and debuggers.
- Hands-on experience with test and measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, voltmeters, etc
- Experience with DO178C process preferred.
- Experience with agile practices
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing