Embedded Controls Software Engineer - Sensors and Flight Control Inputs
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
This engineer will be involved in the architecture and implementation of the embedded software at the heart of Joby Aviation aircraft. They will play a key role in a small, fast-moving team and have input to conceptual system design and implementation of embedded software for our fly-by-wire aircraft. This project requires a strong understanding of microcontroller peripheral interfaces, multi-threaded RTOS environments, FPGA integration, and more to design a robust, reliable, and safe flight control embedded system. This project involves the design and implementation of sensor feedback for an integrated solution utilizing the various critical inputs to the flight control system.
- BSEE, computer science, computer engineering, mechatronics, physics, mathematics, or similar field and 5 years’ experience or a MSEE and 3 years’ experience or Ph.D. Advance degrees are preferred but a very strong portfolio of designed and implemented embedded software will also be considered.
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming methodology and multi-layered system architectures.
- Expert knowledge of C++.
- Knowledge of and experience with real-time operating systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with communication protocols including I2C, CAN, SPI, UART, etc.
- Strong understanding of modern micro-controller and microprocessor architectures such as ARM Cortex-M0/M3/M4/A8/A9.
- Understanding of hardware from an embedded software engineer's perspective.
- Experience with modern integrated development environments and debuggers.
- Hands-on experience with test and measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, voltmeters, etc.
- Experience with DO178C process preferred.
- Experience with agile practices
- Exposure to other languages such as: Python, C#, C, SQL
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing