This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to join our Vehicle Integration team. As part of this team, you will help in the assembly and integration of flight-critical components and systems for VTOL electric aircraft. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. We are looking to expand this team with like-minded individuals looking to make a mark in the transportation industry.
- Assemble hardware for use on aircraft while maintaining associated documentation. This will involve mechanical assembly of parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies, utilizing various hand tools and shop machinery
- Install flight hardware on aircraft and perform systems checkout and debugging, as to bring subsystems to an operational status, while strictly adhering to best practices and proper documentation
- Perform functional tests on specific hardware to validate its design and manufacturing against established benchmarks
- Work closely with engineering to develop and test a wide array of systems including electric motors, electric actuators, linkages, propellers, landing gear, and cooling systems, in support of rapid aircraft development
- Safety mindset
- Strong work ethic
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team oriented attitude
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and analytical ability
- Experience with mechanical component assembly and systems integration of mechanical systems
- Experience rebuilding, overhauling, and troubleshooting small engines and brushless motors
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) rating
- Experience working on structures made from composite materials
- Experience with data acquisition techniques using foil strain gauges, accelerometers, load cells, thermistors, etc. (including sensor installation)
- Experience with CAD
- Experience with industrial test laboratory environments and procedures
- Automotive maintenance experience a strong plus
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing