Product Intelligence Data Scientist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
We are a rapidly growing team building mission critical software products supporting Joby Aviation’s vision to save 1 billion people an hour every day through electric powered flight.
The Product Intelligence team is developing tools to model what this transportation system should be in order to provide a real-world solution that is accessible, sustainable, and provides a clear value proposition for users and communities. Inventing new ways to move around. It is a formidable challenge when you consider the complex, interacting factors that need to be simultaneously optimized: flight performance, noise, airspace integration, weather, economics, fleet optimization, contingency management … all presenting their own set of constraints. We are looking for a data scientist to join this effort and build the path towards a real, large scale, Air Taxi service.
- Bachelor’s and 5+ years practical experience or an advanced degree with 3+ yrs exp.
- Hands-on experience with designing and implementing efficient data pipelines for TB+ datasets
- Hands-on experience with geospatial data processing and visualization
- Hands-on experience using AWS, GCP or equivalent
- Hands-on experience with transportation or other complex system modeling
- Ability to use available data assets and engineering judgment to model complex systems and estimate metrics of interest
- Strong ability to evaluate complex results and identify outliers and non-physical elements or dig into emergent behavior and explain mechanisms at play
- Proficient with Python
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with Databricks and/or Snowflake
- Front-end, data visualization skills
- An interest in aviation and/or new transportation technology
- Proficient with Java
- Experience with demand modeling and/or behavior modeling
- Experience with the use of publicly available transportation and demographics datasets
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing