Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate Technical Writer to join our Powertrain & Electronics Manufacturing Engineering Team with a focus on production certification documentation. This individual must be highly organized and self-driven, while possessing a strong intuition for developing and authoring documentation for complex hardware assembly . This position is exciting and rewarding, as the Technical Writer will promptly see their ideas influence many key areas due to the fast pace of Joby Aviation.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to support documentation deliverables
- Peer review and maintain documentation styles to adhere to Joby’s documentation standards
- Understand and effectively communicate complex assembly processes in formalized manufacturing documentation that will be reviewed by cross-functional teams
- Lead documentation efforts to ensure consistency and accuracy across all manufacturing documentation for Powertrain and Electronics
- Author documentation for a variety of audiences, from production to engineering teams
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to author new or modify existing documentation for design or manufacturing changes
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet team and company wide objectives
- Publish, maintain, and modify templates for documentation to ensure consistency and objectives are achieved
- BS degree in engineering, science, communications, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in the aerospace manufacturing industry or related field authoring documentation for hardware manufacturing
- Excellent problem solving and teamwork skills while working with cross-functional teams
- Passion for diving into the details and providing constructive feedback to the team and other cross functional teams
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing