This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Want to be a tiny cog in a big machine and just repeat the same experiments every day? Don’t apply here.
Looking to play a significant role in developing the next generation battery and take on a role with lots of growth potential and skill development. Check out this position.
Ionobell is a well-funded early-stage startup partnering with over a dozen major automotive and electronics companies to develop the next generation of high-energy-density batteries.
What we are looking for:
- Practical experience. Given materials and equipment, could you build a battery? Know what a good slurry looks like? How to use a coater? Could you build a full pouch battery by yourself?
- Basic equipment knowledge. Have you ever used mills, fume hoods, mixers, gloveboxes, and coaters before? You will need those skills for this job—bonus points for SEM, TGA, BET, and other measurement equipment.
- Basic Chemicals. Have you worked with battery chemicals before? Carbon, silicon, binders, and conductive additives? Could you put them together without burning down the lab?
- Work without bureaucracy. Really. You will be given objectives and expected to get things done. If you are looking for daily meetings, constant report writing, and a requirement to write endless status update emails. Apply elsewhere.
- Be responsible for results, not effort. We focus on results, not effort. So management check-ins, status reports, and planning meetings are rare. Instead, get stuff done and go home.
- Build a scalable process. Effectively documents results and collaborate with the team for easy integration. We will need to scale our operations over the next two years, which means good documentation and collaboration.
- Be independent—the ability to plan and execute tasks independently. We don’t have time to micro-manage, and no one wants that anyway.
- Be safe above all else. Try not to burn down the lab. It would really suck.
- And various things we have not thought about yet, but I am sure we will once we meet you.
- Is to assist the development team in generating prototype batteries for our clients. Design, carry out and analyze experiments.
- At least 1-year experience in hands-on battery engineering
- Bachelors required Masters preferred
- As we continue to grow, there will be significant opportunities to grow toward management and research.
- Competitive salary, options, healthcare, dental, and vision provided.
Ionobell is a well-funded battery startup with over a dozen current automotive, electronics, and battery production partners. We are a licensing-only company. Since we only license and don’t have production, just research. Our R&D team is the core of the company’s value. We have a brand new battery lab in San Jose. Our culture is objective-driven, so you will be given resources, flexibility, and trust if you hit your objectives. Our technology enables smaller, lighter, longer-lasting electronic devices, and we are in a position to drive the cost of electric vehicles down dramatically. Our founding team has invested, founded, and exited multiple companies with six engineering degrees from Stanford and similar institutions. Join today and be part of the early development team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A Breakthrough Technology for Producing Silicon-Dominant Batteries