Lead Mechatronics Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gatik is leading the way in autonomous middle-mile delivery by developing a safe, efficient, autonomous delivery solution that addresses real pain points for the retail industry. Operating on fixed, predetermined routes, we are the first company to develop and deploy light/medium duty autonomous box trucks.
Founded in 2017, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. Gatik’s autonomous vehicles have been operating in North America with multiple Fortune 500 retail partners including Walmart, Loblaws, and others yet to be announced publicly. These partnerships are a first in the AV industry: this kind of middle-mile integration with major retailers has never been done before, marking the first-ever deployment of a hub-and-spoke AV delivery model.
We are looking for an individual who understands vehicle maintenance as well as the high-tech. As a successful applicant you are hands-on, but always looking to learn and understand the how and why behind it. Along with your curiosity you can document your findings and teach others. As part of a larger team you will help improve our technology and provide feedback and metrics to improve reliability and serviceability.
- Liaise with vendors to arrange service and maintenance contracts
- Track metrics on vehicle availability and maintenance issues
- Create troubleshooting, build and repair documentation
- Plan maintenance schedules and organize repair work
- Be on a call schedule to respond to unscheduled downtime
- Assist to build, repair and troubleshoot our fleet of autonomous drive-by-wire vehicles
- Install sensor and compute hardware into our vehicles
- Provide feedback to our vendors and design engineers
- Modify existing vehicle systems and hardware as necessary in order to install necessary sensor and compute hardware
- Work with vendors and suppliers to manage parts and services. Manage vendor relationships
- Trace faults, diagnose failures, repair automotive harnesses and replace components as necessary
- Ensure an organized and safe working environment for yourself and others in the workshop
- A relevant trade background or college degree or higher.
- Relevant technical trainings
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Competent in soldering, crimping and modifying electrical wiring to create safe and reliable harnesses.
- Experience with relevant electrical and mechanical tools.
- Able to read and understand schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Able to create a tidy and safe work environment and manage a workshop.
- Able to create diagnosis and repair documentation for others.
- Computer literacy for documentation and diagnosis tools.
- Self-starter; the ability to own projects with little oversight.
- An automotive technician trade and experience
- Experience with modern CANbus-based automotive systems
- Experience creating and correcting work documentation
- Experience in setting up an efficient workshop
- Experience in Linux, Python or MatLab for data processing and scripting
- A valid lifting and rigging certificate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile