STE / Vehicle Engineer In Test
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Faction, we’re on a mission to right-size transportation by making it autonomous and accessible to everyone so that it’s smart, simple, and fun.
Over the last few years, there has been a rush to develop technologies targeted at enabling autonomous vehicles, yet almost every company in the industry is still retrofitting legacy vehicle platforms and many are no closer to having a finished product.
STE/Vehicle-in-Test Engineer, you will focus on the testing and quality assurance of Faction’s driverless vehicle software as well as system level testing for the entire technology stack. You will be responsible for creating tests in various frameworks, reviewing test results to gate merge/release, comparing on-road and simulation results to understand testing gaps, training others on the creation and analysis of tests, and designing new test tools and improvements to existing tools. You will be leveraging your experience and expertise to consistently deliver impactful solutions that improve our ability to predict on-road performance and raise the bar on test coverage, test effectiveness, and test efficiency.
The ideal candidate will have advanced experience in systems level testing and validation on products that solve complex problems, such as autonomous driving. In this role you will be responsible for generating test programs and scripts, and have the ability to code small test and UI based tools that the entire engineering organization will use. You will have a direct impact on Faction’s future products by ensuring elite solutions to demanding test and engineering challenges.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with Engineering and Technical Product Management to establish release metrics and gating
- Create and validate comprehensive test suites to cover our operational domain
- Develop methods to minimize future failures and metrics to measure progress made
- Coordinate effort to triage road failures, use triage results to understand, document, test, close identified gaps with the Vehicle Engineering team
- Collaborate with Engineering to define new Feature development
- Create test strategies and test plans for new features proactively addressing gaps in coverage and frameworks and mitigating risks to the project
- Review code/tests providing feedback to ensure standards are met
- Build small UI based test tools for the engineering organization
- Prototype test tools for future implementation in the production environment
- Document best practices
What You’ll Need:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in system test, automation and root-cause analysis in fields similar in complexity to autonomous driving
- Passion for driverless technology and its ability to impact the world
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence and convince the team to address issues in a timely manner through documentation and presentation
- Stellar track record of leading projects from conception to completion
- Substantial experience with Python/C++ in a software driven environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience in a startup environment and high-growth companies
- Experience working in the autonomous vehicle industry
- Experience with safety standards and compliance
Faction does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Faction is located in South San Francisco, California and authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Driverless electric vehicles at a fraction of the cost of a car.