Account Manager- Defense
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We deliver the promise of autonomy
At Edge Case Research, we enable our customers to assure the safety of autonomous systems for real world deployment. We are developing products that define and measure the safety of autonomous systems. Our client base spans diverse markets such as automotive, mining, defense, insurance, and aerospace. Edge Case is founded by the recognized world leaders in autonomy safety . Our experts are writing the standards and developing the products that will bring innovation safely into society.
Edge Case Research is expanding our Business Development team. The Account Manager will work closely with our team of product managers and safety engineers to consistently deliver the products and services we value. The Account Manager will report to the Account Manager for defense projects and will work closely with the leadership team to ensure our clients needs are met. If you have experience in autonomous vehicles or safety engineering, we are interested in hearing from you!
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to existing and prospective customers
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Prepare sales reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Contributes to sales effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Providing clarity on priorities, planning for growth, identifying critical opportunities for expansion, and developing actionable plans with achievable metric based milestones.
- Meet and exceed sales targets related to revenue and strategic goals
- Contribute to software product development by providing customer feedback and trends analysis to product development team
- Identify new potential customers to engage with through existing relationships as well as writing proposals to relevant programs
- Create and scope proposals in conjunction with the customer and other ECR personnel
- Engage with OTA consortia to identify projects of interest
- Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- Strong ability to create relationships with U.S. Government, DoD, and defense contractor clients
- Strong in-person and remote presentation skills
- Ability to relay technical information to non-technical customers
- Experience in developing value propositions for emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s in CS, CE, ECE, IT, business related field or equivalent experience in technical field.
- Experience leading and maintaining trust in a fast-growing startup.
- Customer focus
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders - product developers, system safety engineers, software developers, marketing and operations groups.
- 5 years experience in software development sales
- Smart, helpful, friendly, and effective communication style.
- Occasional travel to engage with clients, prospects, and to attend conferences
Nice To Have
- Background in the US defense industry and/or knowledge of Department of Defense procurement processes
- Background in forming defined product requirements derived from customer discovery
- Familiarity with common sales tools to research opportunities and conduct competitive analysis a plus
- Experience with Export Controlled projects and ITAR policies a plus
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-882E safety standard
- Headquarters: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision insurance with majority of premiums covered
- Employee stock option plan
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement plan with company match
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Group life insurance
- Snacks and coffee provided at Pittsburgh and Munich offices
- Flexible working hours with work from home options to support work/life balance
Edge Case Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. ECR values all employees’ talents and supports an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
DELIVER THE PROMISE OF AUTONOMY WITH EDGE CASE RESEARCH