Principal Software Test Engineer - Aerospace
Universal Hydrogen is developing game-changing technologies that will decarbonize aviation. We are looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer to help us validate and verify the systems and subsystems requirements for this historic project. In this role, you’ll be an integral part of our engineering team that is developing the energy management system for our fuel cell hydrogen powertrain. The role offers an exciting opportunity for an individual to demonstrate analytic capability, problem-solving, and organization by providing requirements-based system and subsystem software testing for this new airplane engine and play their role in creating cleaner air and a greener planet.
About the Role
- Perform requirement-based testing, black box, and white box.
- Develop, review and configure software test cases.
- Develop, review and configure software test procedures and scripts.
- Execute test cases and procedures in the designated target environment.
- Collect, review and configure test results.
- Perform various analyses such as Structural Coverage Analysis, Memory Analysis, Timing Analysis, Stack Analysis, Requirement Analysis.
- Apply test hardware, logic analyzer, simulators, and other testing tools such as SCADE, RTRT, LDRA etc.
- Execute software quality processes. Support quality assurance quality audits. Support SOI audits if needed.
- Must have experience with requirement-based testing.
- Required strong understanding of DO-178C principles and aerospace systems and software testing.
- Required expertise in requirement management tools such as Jama and DOORS
- Ability to understand, utilize, configure and modify test tools.
- Ability to understand, decompose, review and test systems and software requirements.
- Experience with validation and verification of system and product requirements.
- Must be familiar with requirement and test management tools such as DOORS, Jama. Must be familiar with the concept of test traceability to requirements.
- Strong understanding of software change management process, problem reports, and change requests.
- Bachelors degree required in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science
At Universal Hydrogen, our mission is to fuel carbon-free flight and reduce the climate impact of air travel. We are stitching together the end-to-end hydrogen value chain for aviation, both for hydrogen fuel and hydrogen-powered airplanes. We are building a transport and logistics network that moves hydrogen from production facilities to airports over the existing freight infrastructure, eliminating the need for costly new pipelines and storage facilities. Our system utilizes specialized capsules that safely store hydrogen during transit and act as modular fuel tanks that load directly onto aircraft. We are also developing powertrain conversion kits to retrofit existing airplanes and enable new airplanes to fly on hydrogen. Founded by former executives from Airbus, United Technologies, Google, and DARPA, and backed by investors such as Playground Global, Tencent, Toyota, GE, JetBlue, and Airbus, we are convinced that hydrogen is the best and only scalable solution to truly decarbonize aviation, and we want to bring it to market decades sooner—by 2025.
We strive for a workplace that is open, friendly, and fun, while valuing focus, urgency, camaraderie, and maverick behavior in accomplishing our mission. We recognize that people have a diverse set of preferences for work conditions and hours that optimize their overall productivity and wellness, and both our cloud-based IT setup and flexible work policy reflect this. However, because we are building physical products, most roles will require working at our facility at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles or at Toulouse-Blagnac Airport in Toulouse most of the time.
Our compensation and benefits package promotes transparency, equitability, and long-term employee well-being, while rewarding individual and team performance. This includes a significant variable pay component in the cash compensation and equity participation for all employees, employer-paid health insurance coverage, generous parental leave, dog-friendly offices, daily catered lunch (and healthy snacks), and unlimited paid time off (along with a mandatory end-of-year company shutdown). As a young company, we are continually expanding our benefits, striving to provide our employees with the support they need to be their best both in and outside of the office. In the next few months, we are rolling out a 401(k) plan with company matching contributions and company-sponsored flight training to get your private pilot’s license.
We know that no two candidates are the same, and we want you to have the opportunity to present yourself in the best way possible. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can support a great recruitment process for you—whether that includes off-hours interview scheduling, captioning/transcription services, or other accommodations. We value diversity in all its forms and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially if you share in our mission to decarbonize air travel.
Please note that for the health and safety of our employees, we require all employees to provide proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations as recommended by the CDC (or a valid exemption).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Fueling Carbon-Free Flight