Director of Mission Ops/Ground Segment
About the job Director of Mission Ops/Ground Segment
Interested in building a new generation of GNSS satellites at the speed of new space?
GNSS (GPS) creates upwards of $500B in economic value in the US every year, supporting everything from consumer applications, to transportation systems, to time sync for critical infrastructure. As these industries progress towards autonomy the performance and security demands of their navigation systems are increasing beyond what GNSS can support, leaving a need for a cost-effective global solution.
Using lessons we've learned at places like SpaceX and Blue Origin, Xona is constructing a modern satellite network at the rapid pace of the new space industry leveraging the recent wave of technology and regulatory advancements. Building on our patent pending small satellite architecture, we are developing a robust and accurate service that is an independent alternative to GNSS rather than a correction, solving the longstanding challenge of obtaining a reliable high accuracy solution from the very fragile GNSS signals. Our satellite system will provide the first ever high-accuracy global navigation and timing services with the security and resilience modern applications need to operate safely at scale.
At Xona you will develop state-of-the-art hardware and software solutions to solve real problems that can have a massive world impact. Xona is driven by the mission to enable modern devices to operate safely in any environment, anywhere on Earth, and unlock the true potential of the age of autonomy.
Building a satellite navigation service requires much more than just satellites. As the Director of mission operations / ground segment, you will work directly with the CTO and be responsible for architecting and deploying the Xona ground segment including mission control, satellite operations, and communications with ground stations and spacecraft. As one of the first hires in the operations organization, you will also be responsible for growing and developing the team to maintain and operate the constellation.
Desired Qualification (not all are expected):
- Strong understanding of major satellite ground functions such as command and control, mission planning, orbit management, situational awareness, ground antennas, and crypto equipment.
- Background or experience with automation tools and agile software development
- Familiarity with DevSecOps development
- Experience building and / or managing medium to large teams
- Experience in the development and / or operations of ground/satellite systems (commercial or USG)
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. Green Card holder), or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UNLEASH THE AGE OF AUTONOMY