Mid Level Full- Stack Software Engineer
We deliver the promise of autonomy
At Edge Case Research, we enable our customers to assure the safety of autonomous systems for real world deployment. We are developing products that define and measure the safety of autonomous systems. Our client base spans diverse markets such as automotive, mining, defense, insurance, and aerospace. Edge Case is founded by the recognized world leaders in autonomous system safety and autonomous vehicle safety. Our experts are writing the standards and developing the products that will bring innovation safely into society.
Mid Level Software Engineer:
Edge Case Research is expanding our Product Development Team. We are currently looking for engineers with experience in full-stack or backend development. If you are interested in working alongside the most experienced team in autonomous system safety, and you have a background in any of these areas, we are interested in hearing from you!
- Collaborate closely with product lead, UX design lead and technical lead to create the best possible solutions for customers
- Help with many aspects of product research and development and have a major impact on how products are built at Edge Case
- For US Applications: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- Bachelor’s in CS, CE, ECE, IT or equivalent experience in technical field
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer or relevant work experience
- Curious and motivated to learn new technologies
- Ability to adapt to different and changing languages and technologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong understanding of software engineering patterns and principles
- 5+ years experience writing production-ready code
- 2+ years working knowledge of microservices architectures
- Strong knowledge in programming structures, algorithms, and multithreading and parallelization concepts
- Used Go and/or Python in a production setting
- 3+ years experience using Docker
- 2+ years experience with Kubernetes ecosystem
- Familiarity with messaging systems like RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience with many databases solutions like MongoDB, Postgres, Cassandra and MySQL
Nice To Have:
- Masters in CS, CE, ECE, IT or equivalent experience in technical field
- Background in software safety or self-driving cars industry
- 1+ years experience with big data
- 2+ years experience or interest in frontend development (Node, Vue, Vuex, React, AngularJS, ES 6/7)
- Headquarters: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance with majority of premiums covered
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Group Life Insurance
- Snacks and Coffee provided at Pittsburgh and Munich Offices
- Flexible Working Hours with Work from Home Options to support Work/Life balance
Edge Case Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. ECR values all employees’ talents and supports an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
DELIVER THE PROMISE OF AUTONOMY WITH EDGE CASE RESEARCH