IT Systems Administrator (f/m/d)
We deliver the promise of autonomy
At Edge Case Research, we enable our customers to assure the safety of autonomous systems for real world deployment. We are developing products that define and measure the safety of autonomous systems. Our client base spans diverse markets such as automotive, mining, defense, insurance, and aerospace. Edge Case is founded by the recognized world leaders in autonomous system safety and autonomous vehicle safety. Our experts are writing the standards and developing the products that will bring innovation safely into society.
IT Systems Administrator
Edge Case Research is expanding our IT Infrastructure team. ECR is a successful startup that is working to tackle the toughest problems facing the autonomous vehicle industry. We are currently looking for IT Engineers with experience in IT administration and cloud management. If you have a background in these areas, we are interested in hearing from you!
- Providing general IT infrastructure support for a staff of 80+ employees in 2 countries as a part of the IT Infrastructure team
- Maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of cloud infrastructure and on-premise computer systems, networking and servers
- Installing and upgrading computer components and software, managing virtual servers, and integrating automation processes
- Troubleshooting hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Providing documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Performing regular backup operations and implementing appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Supporting helpdesk efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Assisting in developing, implementing and auditing IT, Data Protection and Security policies and procedures to protect our customer data
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (or 3+ years and Bachelor or 2+ years and Master in related field)
- Pay attention to details in a fast-paced, impact-driven environment and encourage your team members to do the same
- Work in a heterogeneous IT environment and quickly adapt to changes
- Multitask and prioritize your own work in an environment with high degrees of freedom
- Take proactive steps in managing problems and improve existing processes
- Have in-depth knowledge of management goals and visions and work in line with team members to achieve them
- 3+ years of experience working in a Linux/Unix environment including scripting and infrastructure automation
- 2+ years of experience working with, maintaining and managing cloud infrastructures
- Fluent in English. German is a plus.
- Authorization to work in the European Union is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Nice to Haves
- Exhibit an understanding of the autonomous self-driving car industry & technology
- Experience testing in Linux, Windows, Mac environment(s)
- Masters in Informatik, Computer Science or a related field
- a unique environment working on the forefront of the self-driving car revolution in a well-funded and fast-growing start-up
- open-minded culture with opportunities to bring your own ideas and shape the future of this company
- an international team of talented people with a collaborative spirit and a shared goal
- work on the infrastructure that will help companies ensure the safety of self-driving cars
- a competitive salary and the option to participate in the employee stock option program
- work from our modern office in the heart of Schwabing with the option for remote work and flexible office days
Your application has been successfully submitted.
DELIVER THE PROMISE OF AUTONOMY WITH EDGE CASE RESEARCH