Software Engineer, Platforms Tooling and Infrastructure
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby relies heavily on Docker and Python libraries within our software department and so we are looking for an Engineer with expert Python and Docker skills to join the team. This Engineer will support our flight simulator, build system, the continuous integration and development (CI/CD) environment, and other various tools used by our team. The primary focus will initially be building up and maintaining the flight simulation environment which runs on top of Docker but over time this role will expand to support all of our tools used for simulation and lab environments.
• Design and implement Build systems and CI pipelines which support the software team
• Develop tools to manage complex simulation and lab configurations
• Maintain existing tools and tooling infastructure
• Take ownership of our simulation launching libraries and extend functionalities to improve usability
• 2+ years industry experience in a hands-on SW/DevOps role, release engineer, or equivalent
• Experience in build systems such as CMake.
• Basic understanding of C++
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and very detail oriented
• Expert with Docker and Docker Compose
• Expert in Python
• Comprehensive knowledge of networking and experience interfacing with complex network architectures
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
- Sphinx, Restructured Text and/or some other self-documenting code constructs
- Python Poetry or other Python package managers is a plus
- Familiarity with Linux OS and command line tools
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing