SEC Reporting Manager
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards towards certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, high-rate production, and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Joby is growing rapidly and we’re looking for an experienced, hands-on SEC Reporting Manager to join our expanding Finance and Accounting team. You will report to the Corporate Controller and have high visibility with our Executive Management team. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of the SEC reporting including 10-K/Q filings, and participating in technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards.
To be successful in this role, you will be an experienced external reporting professional who is able to interact effectively at all levels in the organization and have successful working relationships with multiple cross functional teams, including but not limited to: Accounting, Finance, Legal, and Operations. We are also looking for someone who thrives and enjoys working in a fast-paced, complex environment to support our continued growth and success. This job is based out of one of Joby’s California locations in San Carlos, Santa Cruz, or Marina. Part-time remote, and part-time in office is a possibility.
- Lead the preparation and filing of SEC reporting forms (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, S-8, registration statements, etc. including XBRL tagging) and assist with Proxy filings
- Drive the preparation of financial statements, footnotes, and other information to be filed with the SEC and related supporting documentation, ensuring compliance with SOX controls in related areas
- Coordinate the review of the SEC filings with external auditors, inside and outside legal counsel, and the disclosure committee
- Prepare timelines and meeting materials, and distribute draft filings
- Monitor, assess and communicate the effects of applicable proposed accounting pronouncements and SEC regulations, and supervise drafting and/or draft SEC filings disclosures in connection with these new regulations
- Participate in identification, research, and drafting of technical memorandums on significant proposed and or completed transactions and complex issues
- Oversee equity accounting and reporting, including calculations for weighted average shares outstanding, diluted shares, EPS and stock-based compensation expense
- Oversee lease accounting and lease account reconciliations
- Identify and implement process improvements in SEC reporting and related areas
- Support preparation of material for the Audit Committee related to SEC filings or related topics
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, with completed CPA exam
- 5+ years of accounting experience (including SEC Reporting experience with a public corporation and at least 2+ years of experience in public accounting)
- Hands on knowledge and experience with FASB and SEC frameworks and regulations, including XBRL rules and reporting
- Strong analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Extremely attentive to detail with the ability to work independently and with the team, meet tight deadlines and be committed to success
- Adaptable and comfortable working in fast paced environments
- Ability to lead others through clear communication, coordination, project planning and project prioritization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
● Active disclosure or W-Desk hands on experience highly desired
● Active CPA license is preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing