MRB Stress Lead
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards towards certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, high-rate production, and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate stress engineer who believes in the ability of urban air mobility to positively impact our cities. This role is an exciting position within the structures engineering team, as it allows for the engineer to interface with many disciplines within the company and assume a major role in the production of the aircraft. The engineer will have experience analyzing aircraft structures(composite and metallic), working as a liaison engineer, and development and substantiation of dispositions.
- Oversee and support MRB stress method development
- Produce structural analysis substantiation reports in support of MRB/NCR disposition
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Produce stress finite element models to support sizing and structural analysis
- Directly communicate with quality, inspection, and manufacturing engineers
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
- B.S. in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or another relevant discipline
- Familiar with civil certification composite damage categories and effect on strength
- 7+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Prior MRB Stress experience
- In-depth understanding of loading scenarios, free body diagrams, and structural behavior of aircraft components
- Hands on experience in aircraft manufacturing facility or repair depot.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly proactive attitude with the ability to manage multiple assignments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in finite element analysis, including nonlinear static and dynamic analysis of composite structures or metallic structures
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Previous Leadership Experience
- Good understanding of composite materials and manufacturing processes
- 10+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Expert knowledge of Femap/Nastran and Abaqus
- Experience with solid laminate, sandwich panel, fastened, and bonded structure
- Experience performing analysis on aircraft primary structure
- Strong understanding of composite laminate theory
- Hands on experience working within aircraft certification program
- Excellent understanding of FAR Part 23 and 27 regulations
- Experience with Dassault Systems CAD
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing