Employee Relations Partner - Santa Cruz, CA
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards towards certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, high-rate production, and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Working as the Employee Relations Partner in our Santa Cruz, CA office, you will be an integral part of developing and executing HR strategies that reflect Joby’s core values and objectives. As an Employee Relations Partner you will work closely with team members to better understand the needs of the company, and then lead and mentor team members to meet Joby’s overall objectives.
- Develop effective relationships with team members and team leads to promote positive employee relations throughout the organization to ensure a high level of employee satisfaction and engagement
- Create and update HR policies and procedures that pertain to employee relations; conduct trainings on compliance with policies and procedures
- Investigate employee relations issues, working with appropriate internal and external parties to address and resolve
- Provide 1-1 and group coaching on talent management, effective communication, performance improvement and conflict resolution
- Serve as a subject matter expert and business liaison on all things HR for your assigned departments and sites
- Analyze employee relations trends with leadership and help develop proactive strategies, solutions, programs and policies
- Advise and train managers and supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies
- Partner with our HRIS Analyst on developing and launching a company survey to measure employee engagement and satisfaction
- Collaborate with our Compensation Business Partner in developing our compensation and performance policies
- Utilize data and analytics to guide decision making and empower our people managers
- BA/BS degree, MA/MS/MBA degree preferred
- 5+ years of HR or relevant experience in relevant industry
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
- Proven track record of consultative HR experience and working autonomously in a start-up environment
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Thorough understanding and application of internal and external HR principles, concepts, practices and standards
- Proficient in Excel (vlookup, pivot tables), and G-suite programs
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing