Powertrain Mechanical Engineer
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards towards certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, high-rate production, and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
- Design of complicated components and packaging
- Initial layout and sizing
- Detailed design and fabrication specifications
- Direct communication with vendors and technicians in manufacturing
- B.S. in mechanical engineering or another relevant discipline
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Strong analytical background
- Experience with hands-on design and testing
- Proficiency in mechanical design, materials selection, kinematics, troubleshooting, and analysis
- Strong volumetric awareness
- Proficiency with CAD
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
- M.S./Ph.D. in relevant discipline
- 2+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Experience with Dassault Systemes CAD, specifically using Generative Shape Design, Part Design, and Assembly Design
- Experience with finite element tools (Abaqus)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing