Learning and Development Program Manager
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Joby is growing quickly, and with it we need to continuously help our workforce grow. Working as the Learning & Development Program Manager in our Santa Cruz, CA office, you will be helping us foster a people-focused, innovative environment, utilizing the most up-to-date science and approaches to design and deliver development programs that reflect Joby’s core values and objectives. Partnering across the People Team and the entire organization, you will be an integral part of building the foundations of Joby’s learning ecosystem, including the people, content, technology, culture, and strategy, with stakeholders both within and outside of the organization.
- Develop the planning and execution of the learning and leadership development strategy, focused on high-impact outcomes that support Joby’s strategy, operational goals, and culture
- Design, identify, and deploy high quality learning content and collaterals to enable and accelerate capability for Joby employees, managers, and leaders to scale with the rapid pace of the business
- Take a data-driven approach to identifying learning needs, launching new programs, and evaluating the ROI of our programs, using a variety of data collection methods and tools (e.g., interviews, focus groups, surveys, operational visits)
- Facilitate virtual, blended, and live learning sessions and workshops
- Inspire Joby team members to invest in progressive learning through communications, marketing, and engaging execution of business critical training and development initiatives
- Provide thought leadership through awareness of new and developing trends in leadership/talent development, adult learning, and organizational development
- Support broader People initiatives in an all-hands-on-deck, rapidly evolving People practice
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years of People, Human Resources, Education or relevant industry experience
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects successfully
- Excellent communication and consultative skills
- Thorough understanding and application of internal and external People principles, concepts, practices and standards
- Working knowledge of relevant technologies and actionable analytics
- Ability to work to deadlines with quick turnaround
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
- Master’s degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Human Resources, or related fields, or 4 years relevant experience
- Experience in curriculum development/instructional design for leadership and professional skills programs
- Strong understanding of adult learning theory, instructional design, curriculum development, and/or assessment methodologies
- Project management experience
- Change management experience
- Knowledge of current external LMS trends and developments
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing