Supply Chain Commodity Manager - CCA's and Electro-Mechanical
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Working as the Commodity Manager, you will be responsible for strategic and tactical procurement activities to support acquisition of CCA’s and electro-mechanical components for Joby Aviation. Using your industry knowledge, you will work with our finance, legal, engineering, manufacturing, and quality teams to oversee the contract negotiation and establishment of Master Purchase Agreements with our suppliers. This individual will have overall responsibility to ensure that components can be sourced cost effectively and with the required quality controls in place as is typical in the aviation industry.
- Develop and execute a strategy for component acquisition
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with engineering teams to build quality, long-term procurement strategies that align with business requirements
- Manage and develop strong relationships and agreements with suppliers, dealing with any potential issues and concerns, and attend regular meetings to ensure open communication
- Oversee the negotiations and ensure timely and cost-effective acquisition of parts, materials, equipment, and supplies from approved suppliers
- Prepare and manage Requests for Proposals/Quotes
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives for project delivery methods, costs, and quality
- Ensure that suppliers operate in full compliance with Joby Aviation’s policies for supplier conduct
- Develop and drive strategic goals while also completing tactical, working level tasks as required
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
- 5+ years of experience in the Supply Chain realm within the aviation industry
- Ability to use business software efficiently and learn new business software quickly
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing