Flight Test Program Coordinator
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
The Flight Test Program Coordinator is responsible for the daily coordination of activities necessary to flight test Joby aircraft. A disciplined approach to keeping the program lean and agile is accomplished by a dedicated Program Coordinator who is immersed in daily operations as well as building the systems and process necessary to support Joby’s growth.
In this role, the PC is the focal point for flight test program activities, daily coordination, and tactical decision making.
- Focal for daily operations including coordination and communication of daily flight test objectives, and contingency test plans based on the program master schedule
- Manage test aircraft configurations including:
- Determine aircraft configuration necessary for tests
- Consolidate tests requiring compatible configurations
- Maintain configuration records
- Ensure flight test aircraft availability for flight test is maximized through
- Scheduling aircraft modifications and maintenance
- Managing spare parts inventory and parts logistics
- Coordinating aircraft modification and configuration changes
- Maintain a rolling 21-day flight test schedule
- Report weekly flight and test metrics
- Creatively develop strategies for expanding flight test throughput while simultaneously promoting efficiency and flight safety
- Maintain awareness of flight test squawks and participate in documentation, resolution, and closure
- Participate in flight test site guest visit planning and special mission logistics
- Manage the experimental airworthiness documentation for flight test airplanes
- Develop process used in the conduct and management of flight test activities.
- Associates or other 2-year degree
- 3-5 years of experience in project management
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Applicable experience demonstrating:
- Ability to self-manage and self-start
- Ability to listen and synthesize many inputs into a cohesive plan
- Balance strategic and tactical work
- Collect and present program progress data to company leadership
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
- 2-4 Years of experience working in flight test
- Experience with aircraft certification standards and methods
- Pilot or certification experience
- PMP or other project management training
- 4-year or equivalent bachelor’s degree
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing