Manufacturing Equipment Technician
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to join our Powertrain and Electronics team. As part of this team, you will assemble, wire, and plumb manufacturing equipment to assemble, install and perform validation and verification testing of flight-critical components and sub-systems for VTOL electric aircraft. Work may include utilizing hand tools, working with high voltage and pressure systems.
- Assemble, install, and perform validation and verification testing of manufacturing equipment and sub-systems. This will require working closely with the Equipment Design and Manufacturing Engineering organizations.
- The ability to review and understand engineering and assembly drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Procurement of application-specific and general tools to increase productivity
- Work in and maintain an efficient and clean build area, while remaining flexible to the constraints of a fast-moving workplace
- Collaborate and work closely with other equipment technicians
- 2+ years of work experience in relevant industry
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and social skills
- The ability to work with many different people and manage working relationships
- Hands-on attitude
- Understanding of engineering and assembly drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Mechanical design and fabrication of weldments, sheet metal, and machined parts
- System assembly utilizing mechatronic and pneumatic components
- Hands-on machine shop skills using lathes, mills, welders, and other machine shop equipment
- Ability to work independently or in a team atmosphere
- Experience in machine control panel wiring and design
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
- 4+ years of work experience in relevant industry
- Experience with CAD systems to extract design intent or modify data
- Experience working with aircraft flight hardware and/or ground support equipment
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing