Cook - Bonny Doon
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Joby Aviation is looking for a Cook. You will be a valued team member helping to provide a great experience for our staff members. We are a small team, and everyone helps out in all tasks including prepping, cooking and cleaning.
Full Health Insurance package including Medical, Vision and Dental, for employees working 20+ hours/week. Excellent dependent coverage as well. Most meals are also provided. Stock options negotiable as part of overall compensation package.
Pay is $17-23 per hour depending on competencies.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Load and unload dishwashing machines
- Wash specific items by hand (e.g. wooden cutting boards, large pots and delicate china)
- Store clean dishes, glasses and equipment appropriately
- Set up workstations before meal prep begins
- Proven experience as cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail and sanitation rules
- Availability to work in shifts, during weekends and evenings
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
- Honesty: We encourage a safe environment where open and honest communication is a standard business practice.
- Attitude is Everything: It all starts with having the right mindset. We require a positive attitude. You cannot create success for yourself, our company, and coworkers with a negative mindset.
- Quality: We take pride in our work and strive to deliver excellence with our services and installations.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do and hold ourselves accountable.
- Teamwork: We work together as a group, to become part of something bigger than one individual to achieve a common goal.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing