Purchasing / Inventory Specialist
Gatik is leading the way in autonomous middle-mile delivery by developing a safe, efficient, autonomous delivery solution that addresses real pain points for the retail industry. Operating on fixed, predetermined routes, we are the first company to develop and deploy light/medium duty autonomous box trucks.
Founded in 2017, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. Gatik’s autonomous vehicles have been operating in North America with multiple Fortune 500 retail partners including Walmart, Loblaws, and others yet to be announced publicly. These partnerships are a first in the AV industry: this kind of middle-mile integration with major retailers has never been done before, marking the first-ever deployment of a hub-and-spoke AV delivery model.
We are seeking skilled and highly motivated individuals to join our Toronto office to help develop the operations behind our real-world autonomous vehicles. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
About the role
You’ll be working closely with engineering and operations teams to manage supplier relationships, identify new suppliers and partners, evaluate possible partners, and purchase the necessary parts for R&D, operations and production. We work with a variety of high-tech hardware, software and service suppliers as well as fabrication shops and contract manufacturers.
You will be able to use your expertise to help set up inventory and purchasing systems and processes in order to ensure efficient and effective supply chain management communication with other teams.
Additionally you will ensure that the inventory management is set up correctly across our sites and work with the office managers to ensure that inventory is tracked and kept current.
You are a highly motivated person who strives for excellence and elegance in your solutions. Your experience in purchasing, inventory management and logistics will enable you to be the person to shape the development of these processes in the company.
You are an independent worker and with the attitude and experience to set up the relevant supply chain procedures and adapt them to the business needs.
You bring excellent communication and organizational skills that help you manage supplier relationships and interface with the cross-functional teams involved. We are a growing company and you are eager to rise to the challenge and adapt our processes and suppliers as we continue to grow and evolve.
- Managing the engineering, operations and office inventory in the Toronto office.
- Setting inventory management standards and procedures across the Gatik offices.
- Support office managers in other sites in the inventory management and tracking
- Coordinating shipping and receiving in Toronto and shipping between sites.
- Purchasing engineering and operational parts and services for the Toronto office.
- Maintaining supplier relationships with key suppliers
- Managing supplier evaluations for fabricators and made-to-spec suppliers and helping to identify and evaluate new suppliers and manufacturing partners.
- Visiting suppliers as part of the evaluation process
- Reorder parts as necessary to ensure adequate supply for production and spare parts
- Provide information to accounting on the purchases made each month
- Work with engineering to create a costed BOM for assemblies and products
- Work with field services to create service costs for our vehicles
- A tertiary certificate or higher in business administration, supply chain management or equivalent
- Relevant experience as a procurement specialist or similar
- Experience with inventory management and logistics needs
- Experience with ERP systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A valid work permit for Canada and the ability to work on-site in Toronto and travel to the US occasionally.
- Experience in assembly or fabrication businesses
- Experience in supporting R&D operations
- Experience in evaluating and deploying ERP systems
- Experience in participating in design review processes as a representative of the supply-chain team
- Experience in negotiating SOWs and bilateral SLAs with large companies
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile