Gatik is leading the way in autonomous middle-mile delivery by developing a safe, efficient, autonomous delivery solution that addresses real pain points for the retail industry. Operating on fixed, predetermined routes, we are the first company to develop and deploy light/medium duty autonomous box trucks.
Founded in 2017, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. Gatik’s autonomous vehicles have been operating in North America with multiple Fortune 500 retail partners including Walmart, Loblaws, and others yet to be announced publicly. These partnerships are a first in the AV industry: this kind of middle-mile integration with major retailers has never been done before, marking the first-ever deployment of a hub-and-spoke AV delivery model.
We are seeking skilled and highly motivated individuals to join our hardware team to help support the development of autonomous vehicles. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
- Assist to build, repair and troubleshoot our fleet of autonomous drive-by-wire vehicles
- Install sensor and compute hardware into our vehicles
- Provide feedback to our vendors and design engineers
- Modify existing vehicle systems and hardware as necessary in order to install necessary sensor and compute hardware
- Assist in creating assembly, troubleshooting and repair documentation
- Work with vendors and suppliers to manage parts and services. Manage vendor relationships
- Trace faults, diagnose failures, repair automotive harnesses and replace components as necessary
- Ensuring an organized and safe working environment for yourself and others in the workshop
- Work independently as a core member of our DFW office and organize your own work, goals and schedule.
- A relevant trade background or college degree. Automotive Technician or Mechanic is preferred.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Competent in soldering, crimping and modifying electrical wiring to create safe and reliable harnesses.
- Experience with relevant electrical and mechanical tools.
- Able to read and understand schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Able to run a tidy and safe work environment.
- Able to create diagnosis and repair documentation for others.
- Computer literacy for documentation and diagnosis tools.
- Self-starter; the ability to own projects with little oversight.
- An automotive technician trade and experience
- Experience with modern CANbus-based automotive systems
- Experience creating and correcting work documentation
- Experience in setting up an efficient workshop
- Experience in Linux, Python or MatLab for data processing and scripting
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile