Lead Drive-by-Wire Engineer
You are an experienced developer in by-wire systems with a familiarity of the considerations in hardware and software needed to produce a safe system. You understand the concepts of redundancy in hardware and software and you are familiar with system design, integration, testing and validation. With all this experience under your belt you are looking forward to the challenge of making something new and building a better system from the ground up using creative approaches. You want to build a team and work with energetic and enthusiastic people.
Although you can manage projects and people you have a strong technical background and can get down in the trenches and get things done.
- Work with the Hardware, Software and System Specialists to design an optimum Drive-by-Wire Architecture for controlling Autonomous Vehicles.
- Manage a multidisciplinary team to develop the necessary hardware and software elements for the architecture.
- Work with vendors and OEMs to integrate the Drive-by-Wire into their systems.
- Evaluate and select component suppliers and vendors to build the Drive-by-Wire system.
- Evaluate safety and redundancy according to industry standards such as ISO 26262 and SOTIF
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Multiple years of professional experience in the design and implementation of various aspects of by-wire control systems and embedded systems development
- Experience in developing for embedded microcontrollers.
- A strong familiarity with methods of designing safe systems
- A proven history of bringing complex projects to fruition
- Self-starter; the ability to own projects with little oversight
- Experience with creating and running system test plans
- Experience with sensor modalities used in robotics and automated driving applications (Camera/Vision, Radar, LiDAR, INS/IMU)
- Automotive Drive-by-Wire experience such as brake-by-wire, throttle-by-wire etc.
- Experience with CANbus and other vehicle networks
- Fluent in coding safe architectures
- Experience reverse-engineering CANbus communications
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile