Senior Product Designer
Axle keeps the supply chain moving by providing a modern payments platform for the logistics industry. Hundreds of freight brokers trust Axle to manage their working capital, payments, and back office processes.
We’re processing $20M+ in payments each month and growing over 500% year over year, and we’re backed by some of the top freight- and fintech investors in the world, including Crosslink Capital, Anthemis, Techstars, Trucks VC, Flexport, and FJ Labs.
We see Axle as a constant work-in-progress, and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. Our core values are tenacity, curiosity, empathy and transparency, which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues
What you’ll do:
- Think about the user experience from start-to-finish with a focus on simplifying complex data into easy to understand dashboards, intuitive use, and beautiful design
- Lead design projects across the product development lifecycle—from initial exploration and definition through to release
- Create sketches, detailed wireframes, user flows, and high fidelity mockups and effectively communicate them clearly to relevant teams, both internal and external
- Establish and enforce the Axle standard of design best practices in information architecture, user experience, interaction design, and user interfaces
- Initiate and manage user experience research and testing processes, and perform metrics analysis to inform design/UX optimization efforts
The experience you’ll bring:
- 3 - 6 years of experience in digital product design
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure, start-up culture with great ambitions
- Experience leading design initiatives for technical web applications for a largely non-technical user group
- Experience managing and balancing the needs and inputs from a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong understanding of usability and accessibility principles
- Unabashed enthusiasm to engage with our users and stakeholders
- An impressive portfolio or work samples demonstrating a range of artifacts developed in creating a variety of stunning user-centered design solutions
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay + Generous Option Grant
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote with Quarterly In-Person Retreats
- Home Office Build-Out Allowance
- Professional Development Budget
- Healthcare Reimbursement for Premiums and Medical/Dental/Vision Expenses
- Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- 401K Program
We see Axle as a constant work in progress, and the same is true of our people: for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We want to work in the company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help others in the short-term and to push them to grow over the long-term.
At Axle, we don’t just accept our differences. We celebrate them. Axle is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All-in-One Financial Platform for Modern Freight Brokers