Manufacturing Engineer (Onsite)
May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Onsite employees come into HQ or one of our sites at least 4 times a week and have a dedicated workstation with a monitor, keyboard, etc. This role is an onsite role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Founded in 2017 with a strong team of experienced Roboticists and Software Engineers with decades of experience fielding robotic systems in the wild, May Mobility is looking to expand its team with a Manufacturing Engineer to join the production staff.
May Mobility looks for engineers that are motivated by making a complete working system and finding ways to use their know-how to improve our products. Our engineers are cross-functional: understanding and contributing to multiple parts of the system even if their focus might be one or two parts. Further, all of our engineers take part in feature development, testing, validation, safety, quality, and production activities.
- Responsible for efficiency, cost, ergonomic, and quality improvement projects for production
- Be a subject matter expert for design reviews as it relates to manufacturability, ease of scaling, ergonomics, and cost considerations
- Assist supply chain with sourcing decisions
- Develop in-process check procedures, work instructions and tooling requirements.
- Design and oversee the manufacturing of all in-house fixtures, jigs, and other production reliability and repeatability solutions
- Oversee outside manufacturing services and tooling builds
- Design and build physical systems for testing critical to quality specifications and sensor testing and calibration
- Work with suppliers to outsource relevant pieces of projects
- Lead PFMEAs; participate in control plan reviews and other safety review activities
- Mentor technicians and more junior engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a relevant manufacturing engineering capacity
- Familiarity with designing and executing process validations
- Proficient with 3D CAD software of mechanical and/or electrical components (Solidworks, PCB design packages)
- Knowledge of and proficiency in various manufacturing techniques potentially including machining, PCB assembly, wiring, molding, additive
- Proficient in rapid prototyping, 3-D printing technologies, and basic machining tools
- Ability to translate a design from prototype to production including the creation of properly dimensioned drawings
- Systems-level thinking with cross functional skills and experience
- “Can-do” attitude to problem solving
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- 8+ years professional experience working on mechanical systems, real-world robotic or autonomous driving systems, or In-plant vehicle launch experience
- Knowledge of automotive repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of ADAS systems
- Excellent communication, documentation, and leadership skills
Benefits and Perks
- Health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation days and generous holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Meaningful stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Flexible schedule around core business hours
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you