Senior IT Engineer
May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Senior IT Engineer
IT @ May Mobility
May Mobility has been growing steadily since 2017, now with over 200 employees at our Ann Arbor, MI USA HQ and multiple field operations offices. Our IT infrastructure is in a good place, and we are looking for a Senior IT Engineer who can assist the current IT team to continue to grow and automate IT infrastructure with an eye toward our next phase of growth. This role will be located in Higashihiroshima, Hiroshima, Japan, working directly with IT staff in the USA. The role will be primarily responsible for the Higashihiroshima site, additional Japanese sites as they are implemented, with additional responsibilities for follow-the-sun support of US sites and other May Mobility IT systems.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual with a solid foundation in network, data storage, system administration, cloud operations and DevOps, with the chance to grow professionally at a company on the forefront of a technological revolution redefining what mobility means.
- Participate in setup, maintenance and improvement projects for May’s network and IT systems
- Design, build and deploy hardware solutions May Mobility sites in Japan, May HQ, datacenters, and Public Cloud
- Perform SysAdmin responsibilities for corporate systems including Okta, Atlassian Jira/Confluence, GitLab, Ubuntu Linux and MacOSX
- Define and execute on automation initiatives for on-prem and cloud-based systems and infrastructure
- Provide input in making IT decisions
- Document systems and processes in Confluence
- Help manage the IT ticketing system and resolve requests in a timely manner
- 5 years of professional experience working with Linux, MacOS, Networking and system hardware
- Experience with cloud services (AWS preferred, GCP and Azure are also valuable)
- Experience working with Cisco L2/L3 networking and Cisco IOS
- Experience with Windows Active Directory and SSO solutions
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing LAN/WAN issues
- Experience with network and system monitoring
- Bash (preferred), Python (preferred) or PowerShell scripting experience including working with Git repositories
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Exceptional customer service skills
- English Language fluency
- Experience with scaled on-premise data storage solutions
- Experience with DataDog or other SaaS Cloud Monitoring system
- Startup experience is a huge plus. Don’t underestimate the potential for culture shock coming into an environment where funding cycles dictate the balance between long-term vision, and short-term pragmatism.
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace and the applications part of the Google ecosystem
- Ability to occasionally travel to remote sites
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you