May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Software and Data Infrastructure Team
The SDI Team is a key enabler of the May Mobility mission, operationalizing the experience of using autonomous technology for real people on real routes. We leverage automation and DevOps culture to build cloud infrastructure and developer productivity tools at scale. We provide the data backbone of the company, from raw log data on vehicles to consumers with varying needs. We build experiences for internal teams managing the fleet, external customers and passengers. Members of this tight-knit group act as a force multiplier for the company.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
- Build data visualization, dashboards, and reports for internal and external customers
- Consult and collaborate with stakeholders to identify data needs and develop actionable insights
- Respond to stakeholder’s requests for their data needs
- Collaborate with data engineers on our real-time and historical data pipelines to enable our fleet to operate and facilitate continuous development of our system
- Define, build, and expand analytic tools for managing, searching, and analyzing vehicle datasets with internal and external partners
- Identify programmatic or data issues and build solutions
- Participate in new technology introduction initiatives for modern data tools and industry best practices
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Data Science, Math, Statistics, or an equivalent degree and 2+ years of industry experience
- Experience with a programming language, such as Python, R, SQL
- Experience working with databases, such as Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server
- Experience analyzing, evaluating and transforming data from multiple sources
- Attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with robotics, automotive engineering, or start-ups is not required
- Ability to undergo a driving record check
- M.S. Degree in Engineering, Data Science, Math, Statistics, or an equivalent degree and 2+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in Python, R, SQL
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark
- Familiarity with data visualization principles
- Experience with GIS
- BI Tool experience (e.g. AWS Quicksight, Tableau)
- Working knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Working knowledge of telemetry systems and real-time data processing
Benefits and Perks
- Paid health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation policy and generous holidays
- Significant stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you