External Communications Manager
May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
The External Communications Manager is responsible for developing and leading external communications to support strategic business goals including establishing May Mobility and its executives as thought leaders to key external audiences, positioning and amplifying community engagement and investment partnerships and proactive, external strategic communication campaigns. You will work across May Mobility to organize and execute proactive enterprise-wide and multi-channel media opportunities, including leading the development of “buzz-worthy” news and content that will influence external stakeholders’ perception of the brand.
- Develop and enhance May Mobility’s proactive strategic communications and public relations program that supports business objectives, elevates public presence and connects with key audiences
- Write, develop, and manage approvals for news materials, including press releases and fact sheets
- Work cross-functionally and build strong internal relationships to support the planning of communications campaigns and announcements
- Provide communications services to the executive team including talking points, speechwriting, presentation development, and preparation for media opportunities and speaking engagements
- Lead crisis communications planning and issue management
- Lead measurement and analysis of media relations efforts
- Manage third-party agency support and associated budget
- Over time build an exceptional internal team
- Bachelor’s Degree; concentration in Communications, Journalism or related field preferred:
- Public relations, Automotive or Tech industry experience preferred or any combination of relevant education and experience to meet the above requirements
- Minimum 5 years' experience in editorial communications, with background in external communications
- Experience facilitating external communications at high growth, multi-site organizations
- Prior roles in which you managed a team and/or led a cross functional team in achieving a goal
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Strength in narrative framework development for both brands and individual spokespeople
- Ability to translate complex ideas into clear, concise insights
- Polished executive presence
- Demonstrated track record placing business stories in key media
- Experience using BusinessWire, Cision, 3BL and/or other media measurement and/or distribution tools
- Exceptional written communication skills and a passion for creative storytelling
- Demonstrated focus on details and the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you