Field Operations Training Manager
May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, MI.
May Mobility is entering into an exciting phase of growth as we expand our first-of-its-kind autonomous shuttle and mobility services. As our vehicle fleet continues to grow both in numbers and technological capability, we are looking for a Field Operations Training Manager to help develop and execute a world-class training experience for our Autonomous Vehicle Operators and Test Drivers. This role will report directly to the Director of Field Operations and will also work closely with site operations personnel around the world.
- Design and deliver safe and effective training of Autonomous Vehicle Operators (AVO).
- Develop a deep understanding of technology and how to create trust and connection with AVOs.
- Develop and maintain regular cadence of communication to AVOs, including software changes and process updates.
- Identify problems and opportunities such as operational changes or industry developments that training could improve.
- Review and develop training programs and curriculums; drive enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of the client, the organization, or the industry.
- Ensures that training milestones and goals are met while meeting operational needs.
- Evaluate Field Operations training needs by working closely with functional leads to address gaps.
- Design strategic training programs that align with organizational objectives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a geographically dispersed workforce to ensure learning is well executed and aligned to our mission and core values.
- Research, initiate, and manage e-learning platforms and practices.
- Develop and deliver content via e-learning and instructor-led programs.
- Build tools and dashboards to monitor the quality of training and safety.
- Support Field Operations training team with robust curricula and strategic planning.
- Manage team of Field Operations training specialists.
- 25% domestic travel and some international travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in learning and development, human resources management, education, or related field.
- Experience designing, building, and facilitating development programs.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and train employees at all levels.
- Outstanding written communication skills and ability to deliver engaging presentations.
- Strong project manager that is capable to drive multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP Litmos and other Learning Management Systems.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record for at least 3 years
- Comfortable with driving research vehicles
- Master's Degree in Learning and Development, Human Resources Management, Education or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of creative tools such as Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Prior experience creating training material on highly technical subject matter for a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working with international teams and delivering content to diverse groups.
- Passion for working on cars and technology.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you