Senior Data Architect
Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
As a Senior Product Designer, you are responsible for taking high-level concepts for in-flight experiences, then bringing them to life through the design process. From user journeys, to wireframes, to high fidelity, flyable prototypes. You will work closely with an interdisciplinary team to develop the next generation of human machine interfaces that Skyryse will offer as part of its FlightOS system. You are a full stack designer that’s tool agnostic. You can produce a broad design system that works across digital and physical interfaces. Your work will conform to strict standards for human factors and flight safety, while also offering an entirely new vision for a pilot interface. You will help redefine the experience of flight, making it simpler and more accessible for the next generation of aviators.
- Develop our data architecture and create the systems for processing and storing the data that powers FlightOS
- Design, implement and maintain our data pipelines, creating the internal tools that provide efficient and reliable data access whether in an embedded system or in the cloud
- Provide technical leadership to establish our data architecture and implementation approaches, and advise and train the team in best practices
- Interface with prototype engineers, certification specialists, product managers, and pilots to inform our data solutions, translating a wide variety of data needs into quality requirements and technical specifications
- Make high-level decisions to develop guiding principles for best data management practices: define technical standards for coding, tools, and platforms
- Evaluate data sources and suppliers and assess the feasibility of new architecture solutions
- 5+ years of experience as a data engineer
- 3+ years of experience programming in Python
- Deep understanding of SQL and NoSQL database development
- Extensive experience developing binary and embedded databases
- Experience working under highly regulated standards, particularly under DO-200B requirements
- Knowledge of building fast and reliable databases, taking large data pipelines from many sources and turning them into centralized and useful datasets
- Familiar with geographic information systems and tools (e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS, PostGIS), and GIS principles and methodologies
- Understanding of cloud provider solutions
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to direct other architects and engineers, providing guidelines, training, and best practices
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a flexible, fast paced, and challenging technical environment
- Demonstrated aeronautical knowledge: an understanding of aeronautical navigation, procedures, data, and charts
- Understanding of agile environment software implementation
We also have great benefits:
- Flexible vacation
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues determined to change the world
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity