Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
Procurement managers act as the primary point of contact between suppliers and a business. They are responsible for the procurement of products and goods for use in the business by identifying potential supplier sources, screening them and negotiating favorable payment terms. Other duties include monitoring supplier performance and ensuring contractual obligations are met.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record, an excellent leader and will have experience in managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner.
- Act as a point of contact between the company and suppliers
- Identify potential suppliers based on project requirements
- Process purchase orders to acquire goods
- Negotiate contracts, terms and deadlines with vendors and suppliers
- Manage contract changes
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure on-time performance
- Early identification of risk and develop risk mitigation plans
- Work closely with the legal department to ensure contract terms are favorable to the company
- Attend meetings with the legal team, engineering team, vendors and suppliers
- Coach and influence organization in best practices
- Strong report writing and communication skills.
- Extensive experience working in a procurement organization
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in business administration or purchasing management (preferred)
- Certification from the Next Level Purchasing Association or the Universal
- Public Procurement Certification Council desired
- Working knowledge of the industry and market conditions
- Strong understanding of procurement and negotiation techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Able to travel to meet with suppliers and work overtime as required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build trust and successfully influence without authority
- Understanding of aircraft quality assurance and management principles and processes
- Great attitude to improve processes to serve people
- PMP Certification
- Previous experience completing a full aircraft life-cycle development and certification program
- Previous direct people management experience
We also have great benefits:
- The opportunity to change the world
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity