Systems Safety Engineer
Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
Support Skyryse systems development from the ground up, including the validation and verification effort of complex architecture. Write requirements validate them, and support the development of the verification strategy. Work closely with the systems team to drive the ARP4754 requirements management approach to the organization. Support complex architecture development including Fly By Wire, Trajectory Planning, Navigation, and Perception in the development of flight automation. This position reports directly to the Manager of Certification and Systems.
- Develop and review system safety deliverables for aircraft systems and subsystems, including Functional Hazard Assessment, Fault Trees, FMEA, PRA, CMA, ZSA, etc.
- Develop preliminary and final System Safety Assessments (P/SSA).
- Knowledge of AC 1309, SAE ARP 4761 and understanding of RTCA/DO178 and DO254.
- Support certification and compliance efforts as required.
- Be familiar with requirements management tools such as JAMA, Polarion, or DOORS.
- Coach and influence organization in best practices for system safety practices.
- Develop and maintain a safety database and risk register for Skyryse.
- Support Continuing Airworthiness activities.
- Strong report writing and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in any engineering discipline
- System Safety knowledge of Part 25/27/29 requirements.
- 10+ years experience in aircraft systems development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of aircraft quality assurance and management principles and processes
- Great attitude to improve processes to serve people
- Previous experience completing a full commercial aircraft life-cycle development and certification program.
- Previous, active or application pending FAA System Safety Designated Engineering Representative (DER)
We also have great benefits:
- The opportunity to change the world
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity