Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
To support Skyryse missions, any systems, components, software or technology must be developed with the most rigorous processes to ensure they are certifiable by regulatory agencies and mostly they are safe to operate. High rigors do not mean non-value added cost, paperwork or aftermath documentations.
In this role, you are responsible for managing and development of the Fly-By-Wire and Display software starting with software requirements specification, software design, verification and validation of the software per ARP 4754A, DO178C, DO 331, and DO 330 requirements and facilitate all FAA/DER reviews (SOI-1 to SOI-4) working closely with systems group. You will be working with system architects and designers to streamline the existing system design and simulink models to be certifiable and responsible for all documentations leading to the certification of the software and system. You will lead the development of certiable flight automation technologies and cost-efficient processes for the new Urban Commercial Aviation industry.
- Design, develop software for flight automation working with system engineers and system architects leading to certification
- Develop and implement efficient software engineering processes
- Develop and maintain the software certification plans and artifacts
- Assist in design and restructure of Matlab and simulink models
- Code and Test vector generation and testing using MathWorks tools set per DO-331 requirements
- Develop and conduct Verification, Validation and integration testing of software per DO-178C, DO-331 and DO-330
- Work with the systems group to meet all objectives of DO-178C and DO-331 objectives
- Work with DER and systems group in successful completion of SOI audits
- Advocate and train the Skyryse teams to follow and contribute to the processes
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with a minimum of 2 years experience in software engineering in certification of software and systems
- Working experience in DO-178C and other aerospace regulations/processes/standard
- Experience in design, develop, verify and certify Fly-by-wire operational flight software using model based development conforming DO-331
- Experience in Real-time OS such as Windriver VX-Works, DDCI Deos, Green Hills Integrity-178, Safe-RTOS or bare-metal hypervisor
- Excellent communication/coaching skills
- Great attitude to improve processes to serve people
- Write review and approve system and software requirements and design documents
- Conduct multi-disciplinary design reviews including PDR, CDR through different phases of development through to production readiness and certification
- Experience in developing software requirements, design, test and verification documents
- Self starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision to influence organization
- Masters or PhD degree in electrical, computer science, mechanical or aerospace engineering discipline
- Experience in design, develop, verify and certify display software per ARINC 661 standards
- Experience with certification of software, systems and subsystems working with DER/FAA
- Experience in developing, writing, and reviewing certification documentation such as software certification plans, compliance reports, and etc.
We also have great benefits:
- The opportunity to change the world
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity