Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
As an engineer on our Perception team, you will design and implement algorithms to provide the aircraft with the ability to sense and understand the world around it. Fusing the information from a range of sensors (GPS, IMU, Lidar, Radar, Cameras), the perception engineers are tasked with providing precise and accurate state estimation and localization of the aircraft (including in GPS-denied and adverse weather conditions), as well as reliable static and dynamic obstacle avoidance. Typically, the tasks will require a combination of known state-of-the-art method implementation and novel research work, always under the constraint that the solution be flight-certifiable by the FAA.
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Robotics or Engineering
- Must have solid grasp of probability theory, linear algebra, calculus and optimization methods
Desirable Areas of Practical Experience:
Past experience working on the AV perception stack is strongly preferred. In particular, experience in any or all of the following is highly desirable:
- Sensor/platform integration, sensor calibration and synchronization
- Tooling and data visualization
- Mapping and localization, point-cloud processing and registration
- State estimation
- Multi-target tracking
- Familiarity with standard autonomous vehicles’ sensor suite
- Estimation theory, Sensor Fusion
- Notions of Matlab and Simulink, familiarity with Git
- Notions of stereo vision, point cloud processing, SLAM
- Classical Feedback Control theory
We also have great benefits:
- The opportunity to change the world
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity