Lidar Component Test Engineer
AEye develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since its demonstration of its solid state LiDAR scanner in 2013, AEye has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent sensing. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Airbus, Subaru, LG Electronics, Hella, and more.
AEye is looking for a highly motivated Component Test and Validation engineer which will be responsible for the test definition, implementation, management and coordination of all Lidar environmental testing for existing and new product launches. Experience from optoelectronics component- and system level testing in automotive is crucial.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define environmental test requirements based on stakeholder/engineering requirements
- EVT, DVT, PVT test planning and execution
- Study and recommend applicable test standards when available
- Manage and coordinate all Lidar environmental test projects
- When required lead development of new tests and test methods to improve product design, reliability and manufacturability.
- Support test equipment design effort and occasionally manage build of test equipment for new Lidar component tests.
- Support in selecting and sourcing of test contractors based on capability, availability and cost.
- Analyze test reports and present results with recommendations to management.
- When required create customized test reports and present results.
- Create test equipment calibration plan and execute. Manage calibration contractors when applicable.
- Support some already existing well documented test equipment including calibration.
- Support, and when needed initiate, root cause analysis e.g. 8D process for component test failures.
- Act as a liaison for the transfer of testing process and equipment to contractors when required.
- Communicate testing coverage goals and relaying any issues back to the development and product teams and management.
- Continuous improvement of the testing process applying automated tests where applicable, optimizing quality, efficiency, and cost.
- Create Lidar component test plans, resource plans, budgets and track the projects to align with the implementation schedule.
- Support component test related issues in quality improvement meetings
- Provide design team with proposal for component environmental test solutions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- BSEE in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an electronics-, optoelectronics automotive related product test and validation.
- Experience in automotive environmental test specifications and standards e.g. GMW 3172, LV128, AEC-Q100 etc.
- Experience in test management tools, JIRA, IBM DOORS test suite, Test stand, Test conductor etc.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with automotive optoelectronics systems product testing.
- Test data collection and analysis experience preferred.
- Experience with MS project, Test Stand, Python scripting preferred.
- Experience with environmental testing of electronic sub- assemblies e.g. ASIC’s or SOCs preferred.
- Ability to travel to supplier sites for monitoring of tests or to discuss test equipment bring up and validation.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!