Associate General Counsel
AEye creates high-performance, adaptive, AI-driven LiDAR systems for vehicle autonomy, advanced driver-assistance, and robotic vision applications. AEye’s software-driven system leverages deterministic AI to capture more intelligent information with less data, enabling faster, more accurate, and more reliable perception for everything that moves. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors including Kleiner Perkins, Taiwania Capital, GM Ventures, Intel Capital, Continental AG, Hella Ventures, LG Electronics, Aisin, Airbus Ventures, SK Hynix, Subaru-SBI, and Tyche Partners.
AEye, Inc., is looking for an Associate General Counsel, reporting directly to the SVP/General Counsel. This will be our second in-house attorney who will be expected to take on a broad range of responsibilities for our newly listed company. We are searching for a seasoned utility player that can support all aspects of the business from contracting to compliance. The ideal candidate must exhibit a positive attitude and approach the work with drive and determination, be comfortable with ambiguity as we blaze a trail in this new, but exciting industry, and preferably have some experience operating in a newly public technology company environment.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively structure, draft, and negotiate agreements with channel partners, suppliers, and customers
- Manage complex R&D and product development relationships with third parties
- Provide general guidance to internal departments, such as finance, investor relations, human resources, marketing, operations, and facilities, regarding legal matters
- Assist in the management of litigation and internal investigations
- Assist with any mergers, acquisitions, or other corporate strategic transactions
- Manage compliance with employment laws around the globe
- Support SEC reporting and stock exchange compliance; help guide all public disclosure related issues; provide oversight of quarterly earnings and investor relations related disclosures; and advise on stockholder related matters
- Create and manage our global subsidiaries
- Support the development and management of our corporate governance and compliance programs, as well as help implement best practices
- Support various other areas of legal compliance, including privacy, information security, antitrust, ethics, trade compliance, EH&S, and real estate
- And so much more…
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- A JD from an accredited law school and an active member of the bar, preferably California
- 10 or more years of experience at an established law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience with software licensing and hardware sales agreements
- Ability to draft, negotiate, and manage a wide variety of domestic and international customer and vendor agreements
- Some exposure to drafting and reviewing SEC periodic and current reports
- Some experience interpreting and appling regulatory requirements, including SEC and other regulatory requirements applicable to publicly traded companies, such as Sarbanes-Oxley, Dodd-Frank, Nasdaq listing standards, and Regulation FD
- Some exposure to the management of intellectual property portfolios
- A strong attention to detail, excellent judgment, communication skills (both verbal and written), organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively across multiple groups and functions
- The ability to interact professionally with both company leaders and our board of directors
- A self-starter who operates independently in a fast-paced, global environment
- An approachable and flexible manner with a great sense of humor
- A strong “I will figure it out” attitude, especially when unfamiliar with the subject matter
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, AEye employees, or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!