LiDAR Development Engineer
AEye creates high-performance, adaptive, AI-driven LiDAR systems for vehicle autonomy, advanced driver-assistance, and robotic vision applications. AEye’s software-driven system leverages deterministic AI to capture more intelligent information with less data, enabling faster, more accurate, and more reliable perception for everything that moves. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors including Kleiner Perkins, Taiwania Capital, GM Ventures, Intel Capital, Continental AG, Hella Ventures, LG Electronics, Aisin, Airbus Ventures, SK Hynix, Subaru-SBI, and Tyche Partners.
AEye, Inc., is looking for a LiDAR development engineer to join the Key Performance Initiatives team, aiding in the development of key features and the improvement of key performance metrics for AEye’s LiDAR systems. The LiDAR Key Performance Initiatives team works on features that touch many disciplines and groups within AEye. The successful candidate will have a strong foundation in the physical sciences, experience building and using physical measurement apparatus, and a desire to learn by doing in a hands-on environment surrounded by technical experts.
At AEye, we recognize the confidence gap. We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the stated requirements.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and carry out lab experiments to collect data
- Develop data analysis tools and use them to provide insight into system performance
- Use Python to automate calibration, data collection, testing, and analysis tasks
- Develop algorithms and calibration methods to support new LiDAR features and improve system performance
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (strongly desired):
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or physical sciences
- Relevant industry experience
- Proficient in Python programming, including object-oriented development
- Solid understanding of physical measurement systems, with experience in measurement automation
- Comfortable working and developing in a Linux environment
Preferred Skills & Experience (nice to have):
- LiDAR experience
- MATLAB and C++ familiarity
- Optical engineering and laser experience
- Familiarity with software version control systems (e.g. Git)
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!