Senior ITS Sales Specialist
AEye creates high-performance, adaptive, AI-driven LiDAR systems for vehicle autonomy, advanced driver-assistance, and robotic vision applications. AEye’s software-driven system leverages deterministic AI to capture more intelligent information with less data, enabling faster, more accurate, and more reliable perception for everything that moves. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors including Kleiner Perkins, Taiwania Capital, GM Ventures, Intel Capital, Continental AG, Hella Ventures, LG Electronics, Aisin, Airbus Ventures, SK Hynix, Subaru-SBI, and Tyche Partners.
AEye is looking for an experienced and highly motivated technical sales person to evangelize AEye’s technology, in the Traffic management/ ITS (Intelligent Traffic Systems) community, and manage the technical aspect of the POCs. The candidate is required to work with the sales and business development in leading the outreach to both cities and public agencies, manage POC (proof of Concept) projects to validate AEye’s solutions with the customer, and integrate AEye’s iDAR solutions in their ITS, Smart mobility, and V2X systems. The role involves prospecting, establishing business relationships, managing proof of concept projects, and negotiating contracts. Experience in managing traffic management and ITS projects is a must. Familiarity with the Lidar space is a big plus. Otherwise the candidate will be expected to quickly learn about the technology and articulate the AEye product differentiation to prospective partners and customers. We are looking for an exceptionally capable and motivated team player who values wide and diverse skill sets, and enjoys the prospect of building a successful business, and growing with the company.
- Lead the outreach to relevant departments in cities and government agencies to propose AEye’s technology for traffic management and ITS applications.
- Educate different stakeholders on the benefits of AEye’s intelligent Lidar sensing for ITS and traffic management.
- Manage the commercial, administrative and legal processes to drive Proof of Concept projects.
- Engage qualified prospects in customer development to understand their needs and gather product requirements.
- Work with the field engineering team closely in setting up proof of concepts, and pilots with customers.
- Draft meeting and project reports.
- Establish partnerships with different stakeholders that are susceptible to help grow the business in the long term.
- Generate different opportunities with different sales cycles to meet both strategic and tactical goals.
- Participate in the management of the RFI/RFP processes of projects.
- Keep pipeline updates current in the CRM.
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor degree in business or technical field (an MBA or equivalent is a plus)
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in the ITS (Intelligent Traffic Systems) and Smart mobility industries (5 to 10 years)
Essential Skill & Experience Requirements (required):
- Highly motivated with a strong track record in a sales or business development environment.
- Entrepreneurial, hardworking, and resourceful with the ability to work with other team members in managing all aspects of a business deal and ensure the organization’s goals are met.
- Able to learn new technologies rapidly and communicate the product’s value proposition to the customer.
- Comfortable with performing customer presentations and able to interact with all levels of an organization is paramount.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willing to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Passionate about game changing technologies.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!