Strategic Program Manager
Who we are:
Wise Systems builds autonomous dispatching and routing software that is used by some of the world’s largest fleets to improve both fleet efficiency and customer service. At Wise Systems, we believe that companies don’t have to sacrifice efficiency to dramatically improve their customer service, and we’ve built the platform to transform delivery operations.
Based in Cambridge, MA, Wise Systems was started out of MIT and is growing rapidly, building an incredible, diverse team that shares a deep commitment to our customers’ success. Wise also has a highly engaged network of advisors, mentors, and investors passionate about enabling new standards and capabilities in delivery and logistics through engineering and data science.
As we continue to grow we’re excited to bring together people who are curious, ambitious, and creative. If you are excited about solving real-world problems and building powerful and usable products, we need you.
What we are looking for:
This person should be highly organized and help drive efficiency, organization, and predictability within the department. You will be the connective tissue between engineering teams and the voice of clarity and timelines from engineering to the rest of the organization. You will be the driving force behind key initiatives within the engineering department.
- Define and promote processes within engineering that that create transparency and efficient communication between engineering and the rest of the company
- Own & manage Jira and business systems within engineering
- Own and train on Agile & Scrum best practices, collaborating constantly with engineering management to ensure new practices make developers’ jobs at Wise Systems easier
- Track & organize the engineering hiring plan, departmental budget, and work closely with Engineering leadership on resource allocation
- Own and drive efficiency in key engineering team meetings including all hands, leadership meetings, and department demos
- Manage product releases & timelines, coordinating heavily with QA and product
- Encourage execution on engineering vision and roadmap in collaboration with product management, while being a strong voice for engineering priorities and technical strategy
- 5+ years working directly with engineering teams
- Bachelor's degree with a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment in which resources may not be under your direct control
- Willingness to move to or travel to the Cambridge or Montreal office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Your application has been successfully submitted.