Summer Engineering Intern
Who We Are:
Wise provides a state-of-the-art route optimization software platform to help companies get goods and services to their customers when they are needed most.
As the digital age has transformed expectations of speed and predictability, we’ve built the platform to meet and exceed those expectations. In fact, we believe companies that transport goods can dramatically improve both efficiency and customer service, and we’re helping some of the world’s largest companies make that possible every day.
The Wise Systems team is passionate about enabling new standards and capabilities in delivery and logistics through engineering and data science. Started out of MIT and located in Cambridge, MA, we've assembled an incredible, diverse team of curious, ambitious and creative people, and a super-engaged network of advisors, mentors, and investors.
What we are looking for:
An undergraduate software engineer to work on building and scaling our platform for real-time optimization and data analysis. We need someone who is adept at frontend or backend software development and is constantly thinking about performance improvements. If you are excited about solving real-world problems and building powerful and usable products, we want to work with you.
What we provide:
- An opportunity to learn and work on impactful projects.
- An opportunity to see your work implemented with customers.
- An opportunity to challenge yourself and try different things.
What you may be working on:
- Improving system availability
- Optimizing performance of the scheduling engine
- Streamlining key customer workflows
- Improving the data ingestion/analysis infrastructure
- Building dynamic user-facing features for web application
- Processing big data and presenting it in a visually appealing format
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimizing application for maximum speed and scalability
What makes you qualified:
- Experience with a SQL database
- Knowledge of AWS products (EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda)
- Knowledge of Linux and shell scripting
- Experience with Node.JS is a plus
Location: Cambridge, MA or Montreal, QC
Your application has been successfully submitted.