Sr. Data Engineer
Who we are:
Wise Systems builds autonomous dispatching and routing software that is used by some of the world’s largest fleets to improve both fleet efficiency and customer service. At Wise Systems, we believe that companies don’t have to sacrifice efficiency to dramatically improve their customer service, and we’ve built the platform to transform delivery operations.
Based in Cambridge, MA, Wise Systems was started out of MIT and is growing rapidly, building an incredible, diverse team that shares a deep commitment to our customers’ success. Wise also has a highly engaged network of advisors, mentors, and investors passionate about enabling new standards and capabilities in delivery and logistics through engineering and data science.
As we continue to grow we’re excited to bring together people who are curious, ambitious, and creative. If you are excited about solving real-world problems and building powerful and usable products, we need you.
What we are looking for:
Wise Systems is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to lead the expansion and optimization of our data and data pipeline architecture. This data-driven engineer will be focused on building data pipelines to nourish ML and analytical platforms, designing scalable ETL solutions for constantly evolving customer needs, and implementing best practices around ML development at Wise Systems.
The ideal candidate will have experience building and maintaining data architectures in support of ML models and/or analytical platforms in a production environment. Our team is looking for someone with a strong problem solving background who has demonstrated ability in developing effective novel solutions in both well-defined and more open-ended problem spaces.
- Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, EMR, Python and Spark
- Build and deliver high quality data architecture to support BI needs of business analysts, data scientists, and external customers
- Assist development teams with integrating ML into technology architecture
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- Design and deliver highly available data management systems
- Provide high-level perspective and input on all development projects and contribute to the creative process across other disciplines and features
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to team of data engineers
- 3+ years working as a ML Infrastructure or Data Engineer using Python or similar language
- Extensive knowledge with big data ecosystems and cloud based technology (AWS experience preferred)
- Experience deploying machine learning in applications to solve real world problems
- Proficient understanding of data infrastructure and backend systems
- Demonstrated experience developing ETL pipelines and solutions
- Strong communicator with ability to effectively convey complex topics to audiences of varying technical expertise
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Your application has been successfully submitted.