Who we are
Wise Systems builds cloud-based autonomous dispatching and routing software used by some of the world’s largest fleets to improve efficiency and customer service. Wise Systems is on a mission to optimize the world, helping logistics operations compete in an increasingly dynamic and connected world.
Based in Cambridge, MA, Wise Systems was started out of MIT with the goal of using data to help cities and industries operate in smarter ways. Wise Systems has grown steadily, building an incredible, diverse team that shares a deep commitment to our customers’ success. Wise Systems also has a highly engaged network of advisors, mentors, and investors passionate about enabling new standards and capabilities in delivery and logistics through engineering and data science.
As we continue to grow, we are eager to bring together people who are curious, ambitious, and creative. If you are excited about solving real-world problems and building powerful and cutting-edge products, we need you.
What we are looking for
Wise Systems is looking for an experienced cloud engineer to work with our engineering team to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions. You will be responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure.
To be successful as a cloud engineer, you should be able to identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our clients and maintain cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company security policies. A top-notch cloud engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player.
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Modifying and improving existing infrastructure-as-code.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new AWS technologies and initiatives.
- Designing, developing and deploying modular cloud-native systems.
- Ensuring efficient functioning of cloud infrastructure in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
- Interacting with clients, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on client needs.
- Strong practical scripting skills in Python or Go.
- Solid understanding of modern technologies like git, AWS serverless, EKS, microservices.
- Demonstrable experience with IaC languages such as Terraform/CloudFormation/Ansible.
- At least 2 years of experience working with AWS and/or other public clouds.
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins/GitLab CI.
- Experience with modern DevOps culture & tools.
- AWS certification preferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- You have a disciplined and focused approach to solving problems
- You bring a culture of respect for customers based on integrity, collaboration, and partnership with your peers in the company
- You value being in a team-oriented culture
- You pride yourself in coming up with creative solutions
- You are goal-oriented, a quick learner, a self-starter, and a problem solver
Location: Cambridge, MA or Montreal, QC
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Your application has been successfully submitted.