Who we are:
Wise Systems is a high-growth, fast-paced business that is transforming the way companies transport goods, services and people across the globe. We provide cloud-based autonomous dispatching and routing software that is used by some of the world’s largest fleets to improve fleet efficiency, customer service and capture new markets.
Based in Cambridge, MA, Wise Systems was started out of MIT and has grown rapidly, building an incredible, diverse team that shares a deep commitment to our customers’ success. Wise Systems also has a highly engaged network of advisors, mentors, and investors passionate about enabling new standards and capabilities in delivery and logistics through engineering and data science.
As we continue to grow, we’re excited to bring together people who are talented, motivated and high-energy. If you are excited about joining a team that is transforming an entire industry, we need you.
What we are looking for:
The Solutions Engineer is a critical role in the Wise Systems sales process, and sets the stage for a successful multi-year customer lifecycle. The Solution Engineer has strong knowledge of all Wise Systems products and technologies, the challenges faced by customers and prospects in the last mile delivery domain, and a working knowledge of the surrounding technical ecosystem.
The Solution Engineer will work closely with the Wise Systems sales team to gather the requirements of a given prospect, contribute to the individual deal strategy, and design and demonstrate strong solutions that meet the relevant business needs both technically and functionally. As needed, the Solutions Engineer will work proactively to combat any known competitive threats within a sales cycle, or within existing customers.
Working closely with the Implementation team, the Solutions Engineer will own the development and delivery of a detailed Statement of Work associated with each successful deal, and coordinate a meaningful transition of the customer from Sales to Implementation.
The Sales Engineer will ultimately be accountable for their contribution to the sales and overall GTM process, as well as the accuracy and thoroughness of the Statement of Work, and the time to initial value for the customer.
- Be an expert on the Wise Systems product, underlying and associated technology, and implementation methodology. Ensure high levels of customer trust in the product, the team, and the implementation process.
- Act as the functional and technical design authority throughout the sales cycle, coordinating closely with Solution Architects and Project Managers to ensure a seamless handoff from sales cycle to implementation process.
- Coordinate with our Product, Engineering, Implementation, Support, and Customer Success teams to effectively prioritize feature requests and other items critical to a given project and/or customer. Where applicable, utilize common business case and prioritization tools.
- Document and facilitate a complete and effective handover from Pre-Sales to Implementation at the end of each successful sale. Ensure that all relevant criteria for transitions have been met and that every customer will experience a smooth transition into implementation.
- Mentor, coach, and support other individuals throughout the organization in their development of technical skills and ongoing career growth.
- Actively utilize all relevant tools and resources required to track and communicate project and client status, risks, and other administrative tasks.
- Proven proficiency with Wise Systems solutions in the context of customer deployments, or ability to become proficient rapidly
- 3+ years of pre-sales design and demonstration experience, or 3+ years of direct customer facing technical implementation experience, in a B2B enterprise software context
- Excellent communication, storytelling, presentation, and demonstration skills, capable of driving high degree of trust with prospects and customers, and strong interdepartmental collaboration and teamwork in a high pressure environment
- Desire and ability to mentor and coach others within the organization in order to create a meaningful “bench” of qualified talent
- Organized, flexible, goal oriented, metrics driven, strong attention to detail, strong problem solving skills, curiosity, initiative, thrives under pressure
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Your application has been successfully submitted.