Sr. Analyst – Data Science (SQL, Python, Data Visualization)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As Sr. Analyst, you will be a key member of the Roadster Analytics team, working closely with our Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Field teams as well as directly with some of the largest and most progressive automotive dealerships in the world. You’ll be aligned to the Roadster team, so you’ll have the opportunity to experience what it’s like to work in a fast-paced Silicon Valley culture, but also have all the growth opportunities the larger CDK organization offers.
You will use your advanced SQL and Python skills to assemble complex customer journeys, then use your data wrangling skills to blend it with other data from SalesForce or other APIs. Finally, you’ll either build advanced visualizations in Mode Analytics, enabling end-users to visualize the journeys and/or build models and algorithms to process the data in Python. We are a production shop, so the final step will be to harden your code and put it into production.
Our data is unique in that we are analyzing customer journeys. We’ve built a complete, high-fidelity and performant data warehouse (Snowflake) and we need someone who wants to help pioneer new ways to analyze and visualize the complex, non-linear journey customers take when buying a car.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with our field teams to understand what’s important to them and their customers.
- Working closely with our Engineering team and Data Engineer to acquire data sets.
- Building new visualizations and training the field staff how to use and interpret your insights.
- Building predictive and prescriptive models.
- Supporting what you’ve built into the future.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- At least 2 years of experience with a software, ecommerce or other customer-focused technology company.
- Expert-level SQL skills, blending data in complex ways.
- Expert-level Python skills
- Real experience building models on live data.
- Are excellent at building dashboards using a modern toolset (e.g. Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Are really good at building simple, compelling Data Visualizations
- Are an excellent storyteller – able to communicate complex analytic concepts clearly and simply.
- Solid Business Acumen, fluent in business analysis (revenue, gross margin, market share)
- Location: Any city that has a CDK office (Austin, San Francisco, San Jose, Chicago and others: https://www.cdkglobal.com/cdk-locations
You get Extra-Credit if you have any of the following:
- Automotive experience (or at least like cars)
- Experience working in a startup or software company
To get a sense of our software, check out these demos:
- https://vimeo.com/376907386 (2:05 min)
- https://vimeo.com/382641748 (1:27 min)
At CDK, we believe inclusion and diversity are essential in inspiring meaningful connections to our people, customers and communities. We are open, curious and encourage different views, so that everyone can be their best selves and make an impact.
CDK is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive workforce where everyone is valued. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, creed or religion, age, disability (including pregnancy), results of genetic testing, service in the military, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US. CDK may offer employer visa sponsorship to applicants.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The #1 Commerce Platform for Car Buying