Camera System Engineer
At Nauto you can make an impact at a high-impact company. We believe technology can help prevent collisions and save lives with predictive-AI that detects driver state and vehicle surroundings in real-time. More than 90% of car crashes can be attributed to human error. Nauto technology is designed to predict risk and alerts the driver with advance warning to help prevent collisions, improve driver safety, and save lives.
Our customers and prospects include many of the largest commercial fleets in the world along with vehicle manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers, and autonomous vehicle companies. The company is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, and SoftBank, and is well-positioned for continued growth.
- Expertise in mobile camera technology in at least one of these areas: sensor technology, optical system design and imaging algorithms (AW/AE/AF etc.)
- Deep understanding of image quality evaluation methodology and general optical metrology
- Experience with objective camera bench testing and subjective image quality analysis
- Familiar with camera hardware design (components, functions, etc.)
- Familiar with image processing algorithms and analysis
- Master at least one programming languages: Matlab, Python for lab equipment control, data collection and data analysis
- Experience with developing characterization instruments involving optical, mechanical and electrical hardware
- Experience with handling optics lab equipment – imaging cameras, power meters, spectrometers, oscilloscopes, optical stages/mounts, etc.
- Support design team through iterative testing and ongoing support from early prototype to product launch.
- Develop R&D lab characterization plan to support new camera architecture and design
- Benchmark camera performance from early prototype to product launch
- Defining image sensor, lens specifications with respect to different camera in vehicle positioning
- Design and support of production line testing setups
- Deliver executive level presentations of results in regular review with cross-functional team
- Lead end-to-end new lab test hardware/software design and development
- Provide guidance and recommendation to production line testing requirements
Education & Experience
- BS/MS/PhD in Optics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Imaging science or equivalent
- Experience with mobile communication products is a bonus
We also have all the best benefits, including:
- Stock options
- Coverage for (health, dental, vision) including qualified dependents
- Healthcare spending accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Commuter assistance
- Beautiful modern workspace. Many perks including cafe with meals, snacks and drinks provided.
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave
- Flexible PTO
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re a growing team of engineering, product, sales and operations experts working together to make driving safer and smarter