Software Development Engineer II - Backend
“The function of good software is to make the complex appear to be simple.” - Grady Booch
Zendrive is processing large-scale datasets obtained through smartphones to analyze driver and traffic behavior in order to make the roads of the world safer for drivers and in the process, we are contributing to the acceleration of the evolution of transportation.
The engineering team at Zendrive is responsible for developing next-generation products that address this goal. If you are passionate about writing code that processes terabytes of data in real-time affecting millions of users, creating best-in-class backend infrastructure, building microservices, optimized client libraries that are super easy to operate, secure, and cost-effective, then Zendrive is the place for you.
- Understand and analyze project requirements - translate them into specifications and programming deliverables
- Develop clean software designs and write readable and maintainable code.
- Test and debug systems in controlled situations
- Maintain production systems and roll out new updates
- Reduce technical debt with quality coding
What you need:
- B.Tech /M.Tech (CS) or MCA degree or equivalent
- Ranking in coding competitions (such as Codechef or Codeforces) or open-source contributions (such as GSoC)
- 2+ years of hands-on programming. Python / Java / C++ or similar language
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms and their applications
- Strong technical aptitude and a good knowledge of CS fundamentals.
- Strong problem solving skills
What we offer you:
Working from a remote location of your choice, until such time as we figure that it is safe to move into a more conducive office space, which may not be anytime soon. Having said that, we provide a great collaborative environment even virtually with the best engineering talent to be found anywhere in the world. Along with a competitive salary, we will be providing you the opportunity to contribute to the development of products that make a real impact on the world.
If you are excited about the job description and see yourself excelling in this role, hit the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button at the end of this page. Our Talent Acquisition team will get in touch with you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Driving the future of mobility safety